Biking

I have always loved biking. When I was younger I would put my hair in what I called 'pig buns' and then bike along the farm trails near my house (I mention the hair style as a side note since I always got bit by black/horse flies right between the buns and it would swell up so badly). I felt like I was out there for hours and always got a good workout but in reality it wasn't very long (though I did still get a good workout). When I moved to Ottawa my bike became my main mode of transportation as I had no car and lived so close to the school. I couldn't rationalize taking the bus to school and walking just took so darn long. Last summer Dave and I got our first car and my bike became obsolete for anything other than exercise. Unfortunately the novelty of the car made me more than a little lazy and I really didn't go biking that much.
About two weekends ago I pulled out the bike and attempted to get it going again. I biked to the gas station near my old house to get the tires refilled (this took about 1.5 times longer than usually and about 3 times as much energy as one would think as the tires were so flat). When I got there I learned that the air was not free and I had no money. I now have an air pump and the bike is ready to go again. It is gorgeous outside and in about a month the Sunday bike days will be starting again (this is when they shut down Colonel By Drive on Sunday mornings for bikers, walkers, runners, etc). I plan on at least biking around the neighbourhood this summer - it is quick and relatively easy not to mention a great way to dream about the wonderful houses way back in the subdivision.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be published, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP