Back from London

Monday, January 28, 2008
Weight Loss: 12lbs
Mood: Fantastic!

It's been a while since I posted in here - but I had a good reason. As pretty much everyone knows I was in the UK from the 15th until the 25th of January on vacation. It was an amazing trip and I had so much fun. C and I went everywhere and saw everything we could in the time we had. I went there at 11pounds lost and was hoping to maintain and at the most gain 1 pound which would leave me at 10pounds lost and having still met my first goal. I got on the scale this morning (leaving time for the plan ride to wear off and any water weight to dissipate) and I actually lost 1 pound while I was away. I am now officially at 12 pounds lost. I am so happy about that.

C and I packed our meals pretty much every day while we were away. We ate out four times, 2 at pubs, 1 at a fish and chip place and 1 at a noodle bar. I had fish and chips 3 times and a noodle meals with chicken at the noodle place. Our packed lunches consisted of salami sandwiches (2 each), carrot sticks, apple/banana, yogurt and crisps (hula hoops to be exact). they were very good and filling but by the end I was sick fo them. For dinners we had lasagna once, pizza twice (the frozen grocery store kind) and pasta with vegetables twice. We ate two mars ice cream bars while we were there and had cadbury cream eggs too (since they are sold all year round over there - so cool). I think we did very well while we were away in terms of food.

We walked on average about 20000 steps a day. The lowest days were 10000 but there were only two or three of those and they were out of our control since they were days in which we were either on a plane or on buses to and from places. Our hostel room was on the third floor at the one place and the second at the other place and everything in London is piled high with no elevators to speak of so there was a lot fo stair climbing for us. We didn't take a taxi once but did tube and bus most of the time, although there was obviously a great deal of walking from oplace to place as well.

Since this was a budget trip the walking was increased significantly from most vacations to London and the food was also decreased in quantity and take-out'ness - which turned out to be good things for our health (although there was no doubt that this would happen). I am very happy with how the trip went in terms of exercise as well.

Everything was so great about the trip and the fact that I lost more weight is icing on the already fantastic cake (which I won't be eating).

Christine Sweeton  – (January 28, 2008 at 1:44 PM)  

WAHOO, I'm so proud of you/us. I'm glad you didn't have a dissapointing return after our awesome trip.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be published, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP