Inspiration

To me inspiration for my weight loss comes in many forms. Recently I have been watching the new season of The Biggest Loser to inspire myself. Watching the show makes me very sad at first because I feel many of the same things that they do and want the same things for my future. Once I am done being sad (which doesn't take very long - especially as the season progresses and the contestants are less sad themselves) I am very motivated and full of energy. I tend to workout throughout the show (or at least part of it) as it really isn't a show you should watch while sitting on the couch with a bag of chips. I wish the show was on earlier in the day so that I would have more time to workout and use all that motivation and energy - but since it is on Tuesday nights at 8 or 9 (I forget which right now) I have to shower and head to bed shortly after it is done to be able to get up and go to work the next day. Maybe I should tape it and save it for the weekend where I would have enough time, but sometimes lack the motivation, to workout for an extended period of time.
I am also a little inspired despite people - to prove to those who may not believe I can do it that I truly can, that I am a strong, healthy, good person. I don't have many in my life that I would put in this box, and some are in my past but I am trying not to be so hurt by others negativity towards me and instead feed off of it for motivation and drive to succeed. Is that healthy?
I tend not to be inspired by other people's success, not because it isn't a good thing or even that I am jealous but rather because I don't want to be comparing myself to others, even if they are or were in similar situations. I am however, inspired by people close (aka family and friends) to me if not through their battles with weight then through other situations in which they have conquered something unimaginable (like my mom - she inspires me immensely).
I have many inspiring things, people or moments in my life and things like television shows, though as tacky and predictable as they are, help me for at least a short period of time and that is a good thing.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be published, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP