Calories

I have been examing my calorific intake lately and have found that by adhering to the WW plan I might have been to restrictive. I am 'supposed' to eat about 28 points (approximately 1400 calories or less) per day according to WW. According to most other sites I should be eating 1800 on average. I have been looking into things and have determined that I will be increasing my calorific intake to 1600-1800 per day depending on how much exercise I do on that particular day. I am going to keep a close eye on things and see if this helps or hinders my weight loss - or if it does neither. I know when I was at home and eating more, in the beginning I lost weight and then gained it back. I have a feeling this was due to a technique called zig-zagging where yo alter your calorific intake each day (or couple of days) to get low, medium and high days with a weekly average of your ideal intake value. This technique can work since your body doesn't ahve the chance to 'get used to' the calorie value you are giving it each day and therefore it has a tendency to burn weight at a higher rate (essentially increasing your metabolism). I gained the weight back since I did not proceed to decrease my intake and therefore my body was able to adjust it's metabolism for the larger meals. For now I am just going to see what increasing my calories does and then perhaps test out the zig-zagging method, though I don't know if it is a great idea for me since I might not want to go back to the low calorie days after the high ones. This is all in an attempt to find the ideal method of weight loss for me. I do have to take into consideration thought, that while experimenting like this is good overall since I will learn more about how my body uses the fuel from food, it may hinder my progress for a little bit and further readaptation might be necessary in the not so distant future.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be published, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP