Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Weight loss: 6.6lbs

So I am thinking the 8lbs weight loss was a fluke on my scale. Or perhaps it wasn't and my scale doesn't work properly at home. When I was at my parents place I seemed to lose weight in the beginning and then gained it back by the end - that is okay because my goal was to maintain and I did just that yay! *happy dance* mini goal achieved. My dilemna now is that I stepped on the scale this morning to find that it is up over 2 pounds from what it was when I left my house yesterday. Now it is impossible for me to have gained 2 pounds in that time frame so I have to think about what I ate, was it salty and therefore would cause water retention - hmm well I had stew, stir fry, a couple tootsie rolls, a small cookie and cinammon rolls so not any more salt than usual. Then I thought that perhaps the scale is acting differently in the two places due to level issues. The floor int he bathroom at my parents house is linolium or something and has some bumps in it so maybe it wasn't completely level although I did check it before each time I used it and their own scale said that same numbers as mine (which means I didn't actually have to bring mine but oh well). So when I get home tonight I am going to check to see if my scale is level at the house here because maybe that is the problem. I know when I stepped on it with carpet under it my weight was almost my goal weight - which was neat to see but obviously incorrect. Any way, this is my scale dilemna and I am going to have to resolve it ASAP as I need to be at 10lbs weight loss before I leave for London on the 15th which is coming up really soon. I will check the scale tomorrow and find out if it was just a fluke measurement which is probably was.

Today I re-adapted my weight loss spreadsheet and re-did all my calculations. My goals (both short term and long term) will need to be re-adjusted like this several times throughout my journey and it does not represent a loss in myself or that I have fallen of the wagon or anything like that. It simply recognizes the fact that there are times that I am not going to be able to lose and maintaining will be my goal then (for example while I am in London and when I was at my parent's house for the holidays). There are also going to be several plateaus in my weight loss that I am going to have to work through and it may take a couple weeks for that to occur. I am not going to let these things get me down this time around. Last summer I lost 20 pounds but then plateaued and gave up (I'll admit it, I gave up). This time around there will be no giving up, temporary breaks (max 1 week in length) from exercise or something perhaps, but no giving up. I honestly beleive that if I go into this thing knowing that my expectations will need to be altered and changed as my life changes, I will be able to succeed and reach my long-term goals, it just might take me longer than initially planned.

As for my holiday goals, well I already mentioned that I met my goal of maintaining. I also met my goal of drinking proper amounts of water each day (it was easy because of the water distributor on the fridge). As for my exercise goals, I was let down a little by both myself and the conditions. The new puppy doesn't really like walks and doesn't get very far before he is carried. Not a big problem I carried him on one of our walks, but he gets cold easily and begins to shiver (even with a little coat on) so I didn't want to torment the little guy and we went home most trips out. There was one successful walk where he and I ran (yes that's right I, Stephanie, ran down my road) down to the gas line and then walked all the way back. Now I could have gone out on my own and this is where I let myself down, because I didn't. I also realized on the last day I was at the house that there was an old exercise bike and it still worked (I knew it existed before but thought it was broken), so unfortunately I could have been using that while I was there. I am getting my Dad to bring it up for me when he comes up next since it is light and small. It will be added to my collection of equipment (and used too) and eventually when D and I get our own place we will make a gym for the two of us and we will have free-weights, a weight bench, the bike and my elliptical (and one day I want to get a really nice treadmill but I currently don't have the room or really the funds for it) - it will be so nice to have a proper space for it all.

Anyways, that is all for now. I hope all my readers had a great holiday and continue to have a wonderful New Year - Happy 2008!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be published, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP