Monday, January 7, 2008

Monday, January 7, 2008
Weight Loss: 9lbs?
Mood: happy yet tired

I had a moment of weakness last night but fortunately I caught it before it got out of hand. I was tired and a little lonely and went to get some snacks even though I knew I would be heading to bed in about an hour. I caught myself and rather than having a meal or anything like that - I had a big glass of water and started my bed-time routine earlier to try to distract myself. It worked and I persevered. I was happy with myself.
Yesterday was a unproductive day. I had wanted to finish up the preliminary cleaning of my room by tackling my desk but couldn't find the desire or drive to do so. Instead I ended up watching movies, cooking and basically just sitting around. I did, however, achieve my goal of doing 30 minutes of exercise though I did have to really force myself to do it. I did 15 minutes on the elliptical and 15 minutes on the stationary bike - so I guess the day wasn't that bad.
Speaking of my stationary bike - I love it. The thing is quite old and the electronic component doesn't really work - it turns on and everything but I think the buttons are broken or something because I can't get it to start. But it doesn't really matter since the actual bike part works. It is small so it fits easily in my room. It is tucked behind one of my chairs and I pull it out when I want to use it. I am glad I grabbed it when I did.
I made turkey shepherds pie and chicken vegetable stir fry for my lunches and after altering the recipe of the first to lessen the calories a bit. I went grocery shopping and resisted the desire to buy ice cream and even sorbert, which I probably could have rationalized in my head somehow. C and I went for a small grocery trip earlier and we got this really great PC Blue-Menu breaded chicken breast. They were a little expensive but they were so worth it - only 170 calories for each breast. I think I am going to try to have a box of those in the freezer all the time now (and since I only need one for each meal, they should last a decent amount of time).
I am still trying to figure out my scales. According to the digital one I am down a pound since last week - which means 9lb weight loss. But I am trying to figure out what the actual weight is but I am pretty sure the loss is correct. So I only have one more pound to lose in the next week and I will have reached my first goal. It is weird for me to say that because in the past I have never set timelines for myself as I tend to plateau easily and need time off as to not fall out of the regime entirely and these can be quite unpredictable. It is a new approach and I don't know how successful it will be - I may just end up constantly changing all my goals, but really I don't care when I lose all the weight, as long as I eventually lose it.
I have set out a meal plan for the next week or so, basically until I leave for my trip (I do intend of loggin what I eat while I am in London, but my calorific intake will need to be higher since I will need all the energy I can get to make it through the long days of walking and touring). The daily calorific intake values range from 1300-1500 calories but that is just the initial plan and leaves room for afternoon snacks if I need them. So by the end of it all I will proably be eating 1400-1600 calories per day, which I think it a good mixture of the weight watchers points system and what other reputable websites have suggested I consume.
I have noticed recently that some of my clothes are just enormous. Basically all the winter work pants I have are at least one size too big for me and I am constantly having to pull them up throughout the day. Though I have only lost 9 pounds I seem to have lost many more inches, which leads me to believe that I am getting some good muscle gain as well.
Today I am hoping for 15 minutes of extra exercise since I have some errands to run after work and they will take up a large amount of both time and energy. I am the type of person who likes to set low goals and exceed them rather then set high goals and not be able to reach them, although throughotu this process I am trying to set attainable goals and then meet them, but it is a work in progress - like most of my life.

Christine Sweeton  – (January 7, 2008 at 10:40 AM)  

Way to go on skipping the snack! I eat when I'm board and lonely too.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright

The work contained in my online galleries and published on my blogs is Copyright Stephanie Beach 1998-2011 (unless otherwise stipulated). All rights reserved. My work may not be published, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. My work does not belong to the public domain.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP